Violence Against Women is Everyone’s Problem
- Children from violent homes often feel lonely, scared and sad.
- Their school work can suffer.They can have problems making friends.
- Children can be hurt if they try to protect their mother.
- They may run away from home and get into trouble.
Violence at Home Leads to Violence in Society
- Violence in the home teaches children that violence is a good way to solve problems.
- Children from violent homes may become violent and hurt others.
Violence Against Women and Children is Costly for the Economy
- Abused women often need medical care. This costs a lot of money.
- Injured women need time off work to get better or go to court. They lose many hours of work.
- Sexual harassment can lead to unemployment.
- Women may leave their jobs, and girls may fail in school.
- Abused women are unable to take part fully in society.